Piloting in 2017. With Outset Scotland’s help, our Student Patrons are selecting a project they will support with their own funds, thereby creating a compelling new model for the future of philanthropy, and enhancing their own professional development at the same time.
What does being a Patron unlock?
Alongside mentoring from Outset Scotland, student patrons benefit from a bespoke programme of gallery and studio visits and workshops with arts professionals, gaining demonstrable experience of:
- Charitable giving
- Directed teamwork, decision making and evaluating
- Allocating sizeable funds
- Expanded awareness of contemporary art and its value
- Direct engagement with artists
- Access to new art worlds, within Scotland and globally, through Outset’s international network
- Networking with arts professionals
- Insight into cultural management (including programming, budgeting and fundraising)
- Contact with experienced patrons of the arts
Find out more
To find out more, please contact Outset Scotland Director, Dr Kirstie Skinner Kirstie@outset.org.uk
Outset Scotland is very grateful to all its generous supporters, past and present. Their dedication and commitment is what makes our work possible.