Outset has been helping Israeli artists to realise their visions since 2008: we give strategic advice, we build communities of interest, we expand public audiences, we create circles of trust.
Outset Israel was founded in 2008 to strengthen contemporary visual art production in Israel and abroad by supporting new commissions from established and emerging Israeli artists and to further the donation of Israeli works to both international and Israeli public institutions. We are seeking to engage international art professionals with the growing talent pool of Israeli artists and to host international talent in Israel for an engaged artistic dialogue.
Under expert guidance, Outset’s directors, patrons and partners provide funds to respond to what artists and curators really need. Outset Israel’s patrons are closely involved with the supported art projects.
Our ethos is best expressed through our name: be there at the outset. That’s why we can offer our supporters – both individuals and corporates – experiences, insights and opportunities they won’t find anywhere else.
OUTSET BIALIK RESIDENCY
A residency programme for international artists and curators who wish to come to Israel in order to produce new work, large scale exhibition or for research purposes. Bialik Residency was initiated in January 2013. Since then more than 20 artists and curators have been in residence, among them are Udo Kittelmann, Director and curator, Nationalgalerie, Berlin, Ibrahim Mahama, artist, Ghana, Candice Breitz, artist, South Africa, Emily Wardill, artist, UK, MitraAbbaspour, Associate Curator, Department of Photography, Museum of Modern Art, New York and Ragnar Kjartansson, Artist, Iceland.
For more information please click here: Bialik Residency, 2013 onwards
Outset Contemporary Art Fund Israel is inviting artists and curators to submit an application for supporting new artworks by Israeli artists in exhibitions taking place in 2018.
The project could be in any medium (painting, sculpture, video, installation, performance), which was not presented in the past. The support is for an Israeli artist, for an exhibition in Israel or abroad, in a public art space, solo or group exhibition, opening between February to December 2018.
Up to 40,000 Shekels (including VAT)
Please send your application by midnight August 31, 2017 to email@example.com (in Hebrew/English)
Please send ONE PDF (titled by the artist name and surname) with:
- Artist’s Bio (limit 200 words) Provide a brief bio highlighting career accomplishments including relevant education, awards, residencies, exhibitions, publications, etc.
- A short paragraph (limit 200 words) about the planned project, including venue, curator and confirmed dates
- Project description (limit 500 words)
- Up to 5 images of planned project (sketches etc.)
- Up to 5 images of previous works (including titles)
- Overall budget including other income sources
- Curator’s bio (limit 200 words)
- An official invitation letter from the director of the museum/art center
- For further information please contact:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Answers will be received by the end of October 2017
- Partial and or late application will not be accepted.