Events Coordinator & Office Manager, Outset England
London HQ, 91-93 Baker Street, London, W1U 6QQ
Full time. Fixed Term 1 Year Contract.
Salary £25,000-£27,000 PA (depending on experience)
Established in 2003, Outset Contemporary Art Fund is the only international, independent charity pooling donations from patron circles and partners to support new art for the widest possible audiences. Present in 9 countries, it has raised over £7.5m worldwide to support the creative ecosystem. This spans education, professional development, the production of new work and exhibitions, institutional collecting, and initiatives that underpin the creative infrastructure for the long term. Always keeping patrons, corporate partners and professionals at its core, Outset creates unparalleled experiences for people curious to engage in dynamic artistic discourse.
As the Events Coordinator & Office Manager in the Outset HQ, you will be at the centre of a leading arts charity undergoing significant growth and expansion. Your role ensures outstanding delivery of events related to a celebrated patrons / partners programme from studio visits with exciting contemporary artists to gala events with corporate partners. You will also be entrusted with running the office administration supporting the Directors with direct access to them as well as Outset’s trustees, patrons and wider network.
Overview of Tasks
Organisation and logistic delivery of Outset events in London, the UK and international trips for its patrons, corporate partners and wider network. The events relate to the Outset programmes run for its various patron circles including the Core Circle, Capital Production Circle, Young Patrons Circle, Studiomakers Circle as well as for its corporate partners.
– Management of invitations, guest lists, mail-outs and confirmations of attendance
– Research on prospective event locations
– Liaising with host venues such as galleries, artists, curators and high profile individuals
– Liaising with international Outset offices on event coordination where required
– Delivery of logistics for the event including transportation, accommodation, hospitality and technical assistance with audio-visual equipment where required
– Attendance at events is required for overseeing the logistical coordination
– Management of event budgets
Oversight of the Outset HQ office ensuring smooth running, effective filing and management of team schedules and activities.
– Office filing and organisation
– Regular book keeping in consultation with Accountancy including administration related to donations
– Diligent database management
– Directors calendar management
– Management of office supplies
– Postal administration
General team support where required
– Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree
– Minimum of two years experience working in events coordination and / or administrative roles
– A demonstrated ability at preparing and running complex logistics and organising a busy office
– Strong capacity at prioritizing tasks and executing delivery of several events / projects diligently and proactively
– Excellent communication skills, including correspondence and interpersonal skills
– A strong ability to multi-task and deliver with focus in a fast-paced environment
– Strong team player
– Spreadsheet management (MS Excel)
Please provide your CV, cover letter, 2 referees and the outline of a complex event project you have run in one of your previous roles.
Closing date for application 14th August 2017. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org